Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate Rows for Missing Dates with data from prior day

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I need to do an average on stock prices where we get the weekday prices from the NYSE.  This only includes week days, so now weekend or holidays, but to do an average price, I need to assign the Friday price to Saturday and Sunday and for a holiday assign the price from the prior day.  I need to do this for a specific period, so I have added a macro to choose the period end date.  

I have taken a stab at development based on other information on the Community, but I hit a problem if the last day of the month is a weekend.  For example, April period end is 4/30/2021, which was a Saturday.  I have the 4/29/2021 price, but I can't get it to generate a row for 4/30.  So the real issue in my process is when the period end date is not a date in the data file.

Suggestions?  I have attached my process below.  In the Multi-Row Formula, I cannot get the new column for "DateRange" to populate.

JRiedel_0-1627650979987.png

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I did a sample workflow to generate all dates, bellow what you did, tell me if it works for you!

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @J-Riedel 

Try updating your multirow formula tool to this:

if isnull([Row+1:DateAlteryx])

then datetimeadd([DateAlteryx],1,'day')

else [Row+1:DateAlteryx]

endif

Luke_C_0-1627653420806.png

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Ladarthure.  I am having a problem opening the file that you attached.

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@J-Riedel what's your version of alteryx ?

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

V 2020.2.3.27789.  I got an error message that indicated it was having an issue opening the Alteryx package and also could not open a file from a newer version.

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Find attached the file in 2020.2 (only the yxwz file 🙂 )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @J-Riedel 

You can use the guide to downgrade packaged workflow.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Making-Workflows-Apps-amp-Macros-Backwards-Compatible/...

Hope this helps : )

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both.  Still having an issue.  I tried rolling this forward for May 2021, in which the last day of the month/period is a Monday, but it is a holiday (Friday is 5/28). 

Using the solution from LukeC, it did fix my missing day for April, but for May, the days stop at that Friday, so still missing Sat-Mon 5/29-5/31.

Using the solution from Ladarthure, it did fix my missing day for April, but for May, the days stop at Sundy, 5/30, so still missing Monday 5/31.

Is there a way to get all the way to the end of the period, including the end of the period day?

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @J-Riedel 

Will this work?

IF

[Weekday]="Friday"

THEN

DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd([Date],+1,"days"),"%Y-%m-%d")

ELSEIF

[Weekday]="Monday"

THEN

DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd([Date],-1,"days"),"%Y-%m-%d")

ELSE

""

ENDIF

Capture.PNG

Labels