Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate Row by "End month" for each groups

Becky
8 - Asteroid

Generate raw (Autofill) sample.JPG

I know there are nice Generate Row articles but it does not work even if doing it yourself.

(It's my ability problem......)

I want to generate future rows by "Product end date" for Each Product Groups(Model column).

I guess I need to use "Generate rows" but I'm not sure how to do it for each product....

I also attached sample file.

It is very greatefule is someone help me.

4 REPLIES 4
DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Hi @Becky,

Please find workflow attached. I first summarized your data before performing the generate rows function, then unioned the new rows back on to the original data.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would do the following:

• Use a summarise tool to get the range of dates needed for each Model, Region
  • Generate rows to create the entire data set needed
  • Join back to the original data set
  • Use a union to put in the 'future' rows.

Sample attached.

Becky
8 - Asteroid

@DataBlender

@jdunkerley79

Thank you very much for your solution, I confirmed both of solution is suitable for me!

I choise @DataBlender as solution because of reply time(Little bit earlier) but I feel the biggest thank you for both.

I was able to complete my first Alteryx difficult project thanks to you! 

Becky
8 - Asteroid

Oh! I found I can choise two solution! thank you very much!

Labels