Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Frequency Table Tool

dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, Relative newbie to Alteryx, and would appreciate some guidance. I'm using the Frequency Table tool to output a rating of data quality on a dataset which contains a mix of standard text and numeric fields.

I've excluded my date fields from the configuration, but I'm receiving the following error:

"The action "Update Transpose" has an error: ParseErrorL: Expected entity name for reference at line 1 and column 51 while processing "Action_UpdateRawXml".

I've only added an Autofield and Select tool before the FQ tool within the workflow so not sure what I need to do next. Interestingly, the frequency configuration screen looks like it has omitted certain (presumably Invalid) field types.

I'm wondering if there is a recommended workflow order when using this tool in order to yield the best results.

Thanks in advance for any assist.

D

2 REPLIES 2
dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

Just hit open the solution: it seems like this tool does not work if there is a '.' as part of the field name.

Ran a Dynamic Rename (code below) then reran the workflow and seemingly problem solved.

REGEX_Replace([_CurrentField_], '^\d{1,2}\.\s', '')
dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

One other thing to note:

> The Freqeuncy  Table tool will only work if your column headings do not contain either a '.' or a '&'.

Solution:

Dynamic rename Rename tool using 

ReplaceChar([_CurrentField_], '&', '')

and 

REGEX_Replace([_CurrentField_], '22.', '')

> One of the fields did not have a space after the number prefix hence the need for a separate replace command.

Labels