Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula tool and dates

gottaask08
5 - Atom

Hi, I am trying to create a new field named [Values] using the formula tool from [Date] and [Max_Date] field.

I would like one case statement that will result in values 1, 2,3,4,5 

IF [Date]>= DateTimeAdd([Max_Date],-14,'days')) and [Date]<= [Max_Date] then 1

ELSEIF [Date]>= DateTimeAdd([Max_Date],-30,'days') and [Date]<= [Max_Date] then 2

ELSEIF [Date]>= DateTimeAdd([Max_Date],-90,'days') and [Date]<= [Max_Date] then 3

ELSEIF [Date]>= DateTimeAdd([Max_Date],-120,'days') and [Date]<= [Max_Date] then 4

ELSE 5

ENDIF

Unfortunately there is an overlap between 1,2,3,4,5 and I am not sure how to do this. Any help is appreciated

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@gottaask08 Your formula seems to be working fine. Are you seeing any issues in your output?

IF [Date]>= DateTimeAdd([Max_Date],-14,'days') and [Date]<= [Max_Date] then 1

ELSEIF [Date]>= DateTimeAdd([Max_Date],-30,'days') and [Date]<= [Max_Date] then 2

ELSEIF [Date]>= DateTimeAdd([Max_Date],-90,'days') and [Date]<= [Max_Date] then 3

ELSEIF [Date]>= DateTimeAdd([Max_Date],-120,'days') and [Date]<= [Max_Date] then 4

ELSE 5

ENDIF

binuacs_0-1666813857307.png

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@gottaask08 I dont think you need the second part of your if statement, but in any case the formula seemed to be working.

Is your data type a "date" data type?

See attached

gottaask08
5 - Atom

The formula is working fine but I think I did not ask my question well. The intention is to have the values field show if a date falls in past 14, past 30, past 90, past 120 or 120 or more days.

That is to say if a date is between 2022-10-12 and  2022-10-26 (the last 14 days) be value =1  

if a date is between 2022-09-26 and  2022-10-26 (the last 30 days) be value = 2

etc

Any help is appreciated

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

The formula in the workflow I attached seems to match your scenario... sorry if im missing something.

gottaask08
5 - Atom

Not quite. 2022-10-12 falls in both the past 14 days and the past 30 days. Not sure if I am overthinking this but any help is much appreciated :)

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

So in that scenario just to be clear, what number would you expect assigned?

ShankerV
17 - Castor

hi @gottaask08 

Just use select tool/date time tool and change the data type to date.

Then perform your function, your output will be fine.

  

Solution.jpg

Hope it helps!!!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels