Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatting text in Interface Designer

Pingu
10 - Fireball

Hello,

Is it possible to bold text or do other text formatting when using questions or labels in the interface designer?.

I could not find a definite answer by searching old topics.

16 REPLIES 16
Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

Hi @Pingu 

Yes, you can make all these things through 'Reporting' tools like table, layout, report text, report header and report footer.

Please try to use them once and let me know. 

Pingu
10 - Fireball

Hi @Kamran1991  , thanks for your reply. 

Apologies for not being clear, I mean the interface designer when using analytic apps:

Pingu_0-1649331103650.png

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Will you be running the app locally or on gallery?

Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

In this case also, the process will be same.

Pingu
10 - Fireball

It will be run on the gallery - people will use the form to add manual inputs to a certain dataset.

I also noticed on the gallery it looks very big.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

HI @Pingu 

There is no way to modify the style of the UI text and questions that shows up when you run the workflow as an app or in the Gallery.  All you get is the default text style.

If the text and questions are showing very large when running in the Gallery, check the zoom setting in your browser.

Dan  

OliviaK
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Pingu,

I found this thread as I was attempting to answer the same question and found something interesting! I was able to copy in bolded text and bullet points from a different source into labels. I tested and they appeared as intended in the Gallery!

Hope this helps.

Olivia

OliviaK
6 - Meteoroid

Here's a screenshot.

Labels