Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatted output in Excel (Header only)

Alteryx_user_aK
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a requirement to format the excel output.

Assume that I have a 50 column report/output generated from the workflow. for first 5 columns, I want header (column name) to be in bold, text white with background black. for next 30 columns I need header text in red with background color in black and for rest of the fields, header (column name), text in blue background in white.

Data should remain in default format (black text on white background) - as we see when we open any sample excel file.

Please suggest how to complete it.

thanks

aK

5 REPLIES 5
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Alteryx_user_aK,

You can transform these things with the Table tool. Then you can output this table with a Render tool.

You need two settings in the Table tool config.. 

1. Default Header definition

2. Individual Column settings (Column Rules)

Unbenannt.png

See the attached WF for an example.

Alteryx_user_aK
8 - Asteroid

Hello FrederikE, I tried the same but when I render it in Excel file. It is not working. I get an error "found problem in abc.xlsx, do you want to recover". when I click on Yes, I get garbage. I see the output in browser tool though.

Thanks for your help.

Kottapally_Ramesh
7 - Meteor

Hi @Alteryx_user_aK ,

The error you have mentioned will occur because of the table layout size & the paper size you have selected in the Render tool configuration is not enough to process the table correctly.

Change the Paper size to Custom and size in 40 x 11 .

Let me if it does not work .

Alteryx_user_aK
8 - Asteroid

Oh.. I did not realize it Ramesh. my report has 170 cols. I'll change the paper size and try.

thanks 

aK

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Here's a related Idea.  Adding a Like may help us get better options for Excel formatting.

Enhance options for Excel output

Chris

Labels