Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Format numeric field without a comma

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

I cannot figure out how to format a numeric value, then render it without the "," separators.  I do not want it as a Text column, it is a record ID, but It should be numeric so Excel does warn about having numeric content is a text field.

10 REPLIES 10
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ScottShimer ,

When transforming a text field with a comma as decimal separator to a double type, you need to select the check box down below the select tool.

fmvizcaino_1-1581028278666.png

Best,

Fernando V.

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @ScottShimer , @fmvizcaino 

I interpreted this as you are trying to stop comma appearing on your RecordID field when you open it in excel?

recordIDcomma.PNG

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @ScottShimer ,

if you're using a Table tool and a Render tool for output to Excel, you have to define a column rule within the Table tool.

Select the field and "Column Rules":

ColumnRules.png

As an option within the column rule, you can define the number of decimal places for output. 

SetDecimals.png

The column appears in Excel as a numeric column without decimal places.

Hope, this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

Thanks, Roland, but it is the comma "," I want to get rid of in the output, e.g. 1000 not 1,000.

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

You are correct, thanks!

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @ScottShimer,

I haven't seen a way around this - other than output as string and set your excel smart tag options to ignore numeric strings?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Removing-commas-from-field/td-p/108216

Uli123
7 - Meteor

Hi Andrew, im running into this issue as well, i.e. need the format to be numeric in Excel but i also don't want commas and decimals.

with regard to your suggestion of using ,"excel smart tag options to ignore numeric strings". do you have an article or link i could find how to accomplish this?

Newt
8 - Asteroid

This is a problem for me as well.  I want years (Int32) to show in a Basic Table without the comma.  How?  Thanks!

ChrisPoynter
6 - Meteoroid

Did you get an answer to this as I have the same issue?

Labels