Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Format Variable In Render Tool

bfrost
Átomo

I am trying to have a standard width for data from a data column into a Render tool for alignment purposes on the output form.  

I am "re-creating" a municipal form for filing purposes, so need to put specific values in specific fields.

I am trying to line up all of the "dollars and cents".  

Something like Format(000000.00, [Amount]) so that all of the values are right justified.  

I do not want the leading zeros for a value that is $  1500.00, but do want the "leading spaces".

Please see the attached - Format_A_Variable_Render_Tool_What_I_am_getting.bmp and the Format_A_Variable_Render_Tool_What_I_Would_Like.bmp along with the associated workflow, input data file and Format_A_Variable_Render_Tool.pdf output file.

Thank you. 

2 RESPUESTAS 2
DeanWest
Cometa

I believe the "format" function you are looking for is called the "PadLeft" function. You can specify how many characters you want to pad the field with. I've created a workflow that will determine the longest length within a value field and use the PadLeft function to "justify" the values to your desired output.

Justify-Example_DeanWest.png

Please let me know if you need any more assistance with this workflow 🙂

bfrost
Átomo

Dean, 

Thank you for your idea and reminding me of different ways to get a format - padding.

I offer what I think is a little simpler option.  

BenFormat_A_Variable_Render_Tool_Done.jpg

Format_A_Variable_Render_Tool_What_I_Now_Have.jpg

Encuestas
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Etiquetas