Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Finding Differences based on common group avoiding cross join

nirvapatel1998
Meteoro

Hi all.

In the attached sheet, I need to find the difference between two sheet values avoiding cross join on it. My sheet one and two are input and my sheet three is output. I need to do my join only on group and get the output shown in the Output sheet(Attached excel). I tried doing it but it is doing cross join for me in group. I need some suggestion to solve this challenge. Thank you in advance. 

7 RESPOSTAS 7
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

In the Join Tool, you can select Join on Record PositionWould this be a solution?

PhilipMannering_0-1660742152400.png

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@nirvapatel1998 ,

The trick that I saw was to add a GROUPED record ID to identify the row# of each record in File 2.  If the rows match identically, then you can JOIN on record position.  In the example, that is TRUE.  so you can simply JOIN on record position and get to your result.  

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
nirvapatel1998
Meteoro

Sorry, I forgot to add some extra values in sheet two. I tried your approach but there are extra group in sheet two. 

nirvapatel1998
Meteoro

Can you please explain it in little details. Thank you :)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@nirvapatel1998 ,

I'm about to hop on a zoom, but here is an alternative solution that you could try with your new data.  This includes a CReW macro.  The attachments include a workflow package.  Open it and try modifying the inputs to your new file.

capture.png

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
nirvapatel1998
Meteoro

Thank you so much for the solution. I don't have updated version of Alteryx .. so is there any alternate solution to this. Thank you again, I really appreciate your help 

binuacs
Arcturus

@nirvapatel1998 another way of doing this with the help of Tile and the Join tool to avoid cross join

binuacs_0-1660752351768.png

Rótulos