Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Percentages not matching accuracy of data

McD_Ford
6 - Meteoroid

As I put some data together and I want to get a variance percent from different cycles. I have put together a flow with row minus row-1/row-1 on a multi formula. However the calculation I am getting back isn't correct? What could be causing? The row above Highlighted row the 5 is correct but the Highlighted row the 10 should be .10% not 10.

McD_Ford_0-1660706663755.png

McD_Ford_1-1660706897169.png

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

@McD_Ford are you able to provide any more detail/the exact expression/a larger screenshot/your workflow? I can't replicate the issue from the brief info you've given here and the issue is likely coming from something we need a bit more context for.

McD_Ford
6 - Meteoroid

@DataNath Thanks for responding. Please see below on what strain of the larger flow I am working on. If I use a smaller sample it works fine. But for some reason with my current data it will not populate correctly. 

McD_Ford_0-1660746953043.pngMcD_Ford_1-1660746991645.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

How does this look @McD_Ford? Obviously only just rebuilt a little section so can just take the expression/tools as you need. I've left the raw value as is but you can obviously multiply this by 100 to show as a percentage/round as you see fit. Basically just changed the output to be numeric instead of string and removed the quotes from the else condition.

DataNath_0-1660748632039.png

McD_Ford
6 - Meteoroid

@DataNath I appreciate your time and advance. after a couple tweaks it worked awesome. Thanks so much. 

Labels