Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter table - summarize values from multiple rows

Hi,

I have a training report with a simple structure

User IDTraining titleTraining status
User 1Training 1Completed
User 1Training 2Started

User 2

Training 4Completed
User 3Training 1Completed
User 3Training 2Completed
User 3Training 3Completed

Now I need to somehow collect users who completed Training 1, 2, 3 and have a separate column for the saying that WHole curriculum is completed. Any hint?

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @bartek_polakowski,

I have created a workflow for you:

Emil_Kos_0-1615473658335.png

There are probably hundreds of ways to achieve this. I like to use the summarize tool to remove duplicates and create concatenation of fields. The last step is joining the data back to the original data set and use a formula in order to check if condition was met. 

The output:

Emil_Kos_1-1615473665237.png

Thanks Emil. Works great. However I have problem with one training called "Digital Upskilling: Tech While You Trek - Bringing Robotics to the People" 

When I include it in this part it always say No, even if someone have completed all three courses.

IIF(Contains([Trainings completed], 'Risk considerations for automations,UiPath RPA Awareness,Digital Upskilling: Tech While You Trek - Bringing Robotics to the People'), 'Yes', 'No')

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @bartek_polakowski ,

Training names cannot be separated by commas on a contians condition, you would need to change the way you do it, you could either use join or a different solution, like a filter with "AND's"

Regards

Hi afv2688

That's strange because it works for this sample

IIF(Contains([Trainings completed], 'Training 1,Training 2,Training 3'), 'Yes', 'No')

The problem is with the longer title. I thought that's maybe because of the special characters.

Labels