Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter multiple tabs and split it into multiple tabs

Ranjan88
6 - Meteoroid

Hi team,

Can some one help me to resolve this issue.

I have a excel data where i have country filter in all the 10 tabs and if i take an example of United Sates all the 10 tabs has to be filtered for US and out put should be split into same number of tabs.

Can some one suggest me a solution. is this can be done using Alteryx?

Regards,

Ranjan

3 REPLIES 3
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I would use a batch macro to import the data from all of the sheets into Alteryx at once. You can select to have the full path (including sheet name) included with the import so you know which tab the data came from.

From there, you can use a filter to filter all of the data for the country you're looking for. The output can be separated into tabs dynamically using the bottom option in the Output tool. You'd just need to select the field that would determine which rows go to which tab.

Hope this helps! If you have some sample data, happy to mock a workflow up.

echuong1_0-1611249198375.png

Ranjan88
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @echuong1 

But the problem here is I don't have the same layout data or columns in all the sheets. but the country is present in all the sheets. Still does it works?

Regards,

Ranjan

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The method mentioned would work, but you'd get a bunch of extra columns that are empty.

I suggest using a batch macro instead. You will load each file and output individually. Can you upload a sample of your data? I can mock a workflow for you.

Labels