Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter a data set based one of the columns .

For the data set below 

CompanyemployeePlanStatus
ABC1AInactive
ABC1BActive
ABC2AActive
ABC3AInactive

I'm trying to  Filter the above data to return an active row when an employee exists in two plans (example  employee 1 ). For all other employees with single plan return the row irrespective of status. Is there a function that can filter this ? Thanks

Expected result

CompanyemployeePlanStatus
ABC1BActive
ABC2AActive
ABC3AInactive
4 REPLIES 4
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi, you need first to have a field identifying the method of how the records will be filtered by. See the workflow attached.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

Thank you for the solution . I observed in the last filter if I have to exclude more than one condition  in custom filter 

[status] != inactive or [status]!= terminated it does not seem to work. If I apply two different filter it gives me right data. any suggestion here. Thanks

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @AdithyaNaralasetty, using two negative conditions with an OR statement is not recommended as the logic can get twisted. I encourage you to use two separated filters or change you expression to something not using the negative condition. 

Labels