Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter a Particular String

ashiques
8 - Asteroid
Hi ,

I want to Filter 'AbC'  From "SB-Fract AbC SERIES 1 RC DS"  in Field2  where Field2 has many rows. I want those value which has 'AbC' in there Field2 value. Important thing is that the Position of 'AbC' is not fixed. It can come as "AbC SB-Fract  SERIES 5 RC DS" or "SB-Fract  SERIES 10 RC AbC DS" or at any position. After filetring 'AbC' next thing i want to Filter is "SB". I try Many Function of String but didnt get any idea.

Thanks in Advance

1 REPLY 1
tom_montpool
12 - Quasar
Hi,

Use the FINDSTRING() function -- the Alteryx help on this is quite good. It returns the starting position of the text you are finding or a -1 if the term is not found. It is case sensitive, so in your example in a Filter tool, the syntax would be:
FINDSTRING([Field2],"AbC")
You could also combine them (in a Filter tool) to get both AbC and SB with this syntax:
FINDSTRING([Field2],"AbC")!=-1 && FINDSTRING([Field2],"SB")!=-1

I hope this helps
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels