Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File compare Module for Non regression testing

T-Dub
7 - Meteor

Hello again,

I am trying to figure out an efficient and hopefully automated way to compare two seperate files containg the same fields.

So far I have managed to make something that requires changing data in: Text to Columns; Dynamic Fields; Key; Transpose; Output

My problem is that this is very time consuming since I have about 100 different file groups to compare so I have to manually modify every single one of them.

I am also confronted with having to create a unique Key for each line that needs to be compared in every file, this Key tends to change for each file type because they contain different data. I haven't found a way around this. Maybe someone has a bright idea !

Here is what my module looks like, it is in French but I hope you get the idea:

Module alteryx.PNG

For outputs I have 4 files:

-In file 1 only

-In file 2 only

-No change

-With change

Anything would help...

Best regards,

T

12 REPLIES 12
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@T-Dub,

Here is a link to a webex:  https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/meetings/join?uuid=MD5WHF5I2Z784UYU6RR0J8QJWY-UCSL&epwd=0662b9dd0...

We can join this now or shortly.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@T-Dub,

I think that we're set on installing the macro and then calling the macro from another workflow.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
T-Dub
7 - Meteor

Thanks again Mark !

You saved us countless weeks of work.

Best regards,

T

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels