Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel output file - Re-Arranging of tabs?

amithkumar070
6 - Meteoroid

I have 5 excel input files which I have combined together in a single output file in a different tab. Now, want to re-arrange the tabs the way I want.

For Example: From the output file first tab has to go last, and last tab has to come first. 

Is there any way I can do this in Alteryx? Since I am beginner, not sure how to do this. Appreciate help.

7 REPLIES 7
BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

you can use select tool to sort the columns
or you can provide sample data of column names , it can done attaching numerical to the initial data

amithkumar070
6 - Meteoroid

I am sorry bit confused with the answer. I want to sort the Tabs and not the columns. Since I am beginner appreciate explanation, please. 

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

yes tabs can be done 
please provide some sample data

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@amithkumar070 Are you using a batch macro to combine the files?

amithkumar070
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the help. I have attached the output sample data also Input data.

In the output sheet I want see the Index Tab first and BTT tab last & STT Tab middle. This is just an example I have many tabs like this.

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@amithkumar070 give this macro a try! 😀

The IF statement in the formula tool is driving the order. Customise that part as you see fit:

Screenshot 2023-07-24 132017.png

All the best,

BS

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@amithkumar070 Another way of doing this

image.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels