Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel File Name AND Sheet Name

Justin_SVU
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that needs to run and append the date to the file name then update 3 tabs within the sheet with specific tab names. I seem to be able to do 1 or the other. I can update specific named tabs, but not have the date appended to the file name OR I can get the date appended, but then it just makes the tab "sheet1". What I have tried is:

1. Just use a name without an appended today's date field. This results in being able to choose my tab name and I can get all tabs updated.

2. Using the Table & Render tools to append the date to the .xls or .xlsx file name. This results in not being able to name the tab. It just names it "sheet1"

Essentially what we are trying to accomplish is having a workflow that creates a spreadsheet identifying payments due this week, and payments needing removal from a list on separate tabs. It runs weekly and would append that weeks date to the file name. As stated above I seem to be getting 1 or the other, but not both. 

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
vedikapatel
5 - Atom

I have a sheet name with dropping date so whenever file drops every time dates is different and instead of [creation date] in formula looking to add some function so I can extract sheet name with drops date.   

Formula which I have a below.

[File Path] + "/" + "sheet name" + [Creation Date] + ".xlsx"

Please advise me which function I can use.

Labels