Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error loading on Server: The output connection "Output5" was not valid

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Hi everyone.

I am stumped by this error.  The workflow is simple with a simple macro in it.  It works perfectly fine (if not a little slow) on my desktop.  When I load it to server I get the "The output connection was not valid" and I can't figure it out since there is really no config for macro output so I dont get what this error could mean.

I tried deleting it and putting in a new macro output tool, but that didn't work.  Not sure what else to do here, since it works fine on my laptop.

Does anyone have any pointers to solve this, as getting this process to work on Server is of critical need to one of my projects.

5 REPLIES 5
DanielG
12 - Quasar

And pay no attention to the sloppiness of my select tool before AND after the datetime tool...  😁😬

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @DanielG 

Can you post a screenshot of all the errors that you see in the output log?

Dan

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@danilang thanks for responding.  This is what I am seeing.  "Upload error.png" is what I see on the Designer pop-up after loading it to server.  "Error listing on Server.png" is what I see after reviewing the process on Server.  "Run on server result.png" is what happens when I try to run it on Server.  My sample test has 21 files with over a million total rows of data (across all files, not on each file).  Process runs to completion on desktop in about 6-7 minutes.  The process on server appears to only get the 21 file names from the initial SP tool run then the macro shuts the process down for unknown (to me) reason 😊

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @DanielG 

The crux of your issue is the ...ended by a downstream tool message.  When run on your desktop, the final Browse tool is enough to have the macro complete.  When run on Server, the app sees that the output will not be used anywhere, so stops it after one iteration. Browse tools are not a useful output when run the server.   Add an output to either excel or .yxdb in your main workflow and the process will run 'til the end.

Dan

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@danilang -- thanks so much for the assist.  I thought I was doing myself a favor by simplifying the workflow for testing purposes...  Have a great weekend.

Labels