Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in Output file

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm trying to create a output file with a date appended after the file name. but encountering error based on screenshot. tried changing the data types. but still has the same error

Appreciate your help. thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jaemilao ,

we're going to need more information. Can you please provide your workflow and give us some information as to what you're trying to output. Are you trying to create Excel files? Multiple files? Multiple tabs?

Thanks,

M.

Bulien

Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jaemilao  - are you able to share a bit more info on your workflow? 

I think this article might help though as it's about using data in your workflow to populate an output, in the output tool at the bottom of the configuration you should be able to set it up like this:

NickC_0-1662549091169.png

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

Workflow attached. I'm trying to create an excel files with 2 tabs based on the filter.

I'm on the first tab which for matched items under true filter

we try to check the results in the select tab(see screenshot) but we are not seeing any errors on it

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

see the workflow below

We are trying to create an excel file with 2 tab based on the filtering.

We are current on the first tab, and trying to check the output file if it will be created successfully. 

We did try to check the results under select tab and we are not seeing any issues too

Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jaemilao  - sorry for the delay, I think you should select the "File date" column to append rather than the full path - does that work any better for you?  

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

@Nick-C Yes thank you

Labels