Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Emailing output files based on email address for that group

rvuich
7 - Meteor

Hi! I assume this should be pretty basic, but had issues with it. I have a workflow that takes a list of packing slips for a bunch of stores, then I randomize it and pick 15. After that, I output each branch's 15 packing slips into its own file. How can I email each branch its own excel file? I've attached my sample data and my workflow. I put the output I'd like to email in a container. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rvuich 

You can configure email tool to take file path for attachments from a column. It would be something like below.

atcodedog05_0-1632499864071.png

Hope this helps : )

rvuich
7 - Meteor

Thanks! I tried that (adding it after the formula tool in the container) and I get an error that the system can't find the specified file. 

rvuich_0-1632500527484.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rvuich 

Try using a block until like below.

atcodedog05_0-1632500788868.png

rvuich
7 - Meteor

Still getting the same error even with the block until... I appreciate the help! Any other ideas? 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rvuich 

Try creating another column with no sheet name and passing it as an attachment path.

atcodedog05_0-1632501266604.png

rvuich
7 - Meteor

I ran that attached workflow and it timed out, did I do something wrong? I updated it to my email info and a real email address to test...thanks!

rvuich
7 - Meteor

Still having the same issue I outlined about, any ideas? 

Thanks!

Labels