Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Emailing output files based on email address for that group

rvuich
Météore

Hi! I assume this should be pretty basic, but had issues with it. I have a workflow that takes a list of packing slips for a bunch of stores, then I randomize it and pick 15. After that, I output each branch's 15 packing slips into its own file. How can I email each branch its own excel file? I've attached my sample data and my workflow. I put the output I'd like to email in a container. Thanks!

7 RÉPONSES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rvuich 

You can configure email tool to take file path for attachments from a column. It would be something like below.

atcodedog05_0-1632499864071.png

Hope this helps : )

rvuich
Météore

Thanks! I tried that (adding it after the formula tool in the container) and I get an error that the system can't find the specified file. 

rvuich_0-1632500527484.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rvuich 

Try using a block until like below.

atcodedog05_0-1632500788868.png

rvuich
Météore

Still getting the same error even with the block until... I appreciate the help! Any other ideas? 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rvuich 

Try creating another column with no sheet name and passing it as an attachment path.

atcodedog05_0-1632501266604.png

rvuich
Météore

I ran that attached workflow and it timed out, did I do something wrong? I updated it to my email info and a real email address to test...thanks!

rvuich
Météore

Still having the same issue I outlined about, any ideas? 

Thanks!

Étiquettes