Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Address Truncated in the "To" Field

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi guys,

I would like to seek for your help if there are other ways. of avoiding the truncation of email address in the "TO" field of its output. The email has been successfully to the recipients however the output shows missing email address since I believe it is limit to 254 characters. I have been reading threads and the only solution I found is through creating a distribution list which will take us more time and effort of requesting it.

I would appreciate if you would sent us sample workflow for us to review.

Thanks and looking forward for any ideas you would share to us.

Thanks,

Kamen

7 REPLIES 7
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you are using a field, what is the size of your field set to? You can likely change it to something more than 254.

If you are typing the emails directly in the To portion of the email tool, I might suggest typing them in a Formula tool beforehand and using the field instead of manually typing. Example included

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@KamenRider you can also increase the size of the field using the select tool possibly also changing it to VW string could help

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @alexnajm 

Just tried the sample workflow and the output is still truncating the email address. I created 10 email addresses and only 8 are posted completed and the 9th has missing domain name. Below is the size of the field. Please let me know if there are things need to be corrected.

size.PNG

Looking forward for your response.

Kamen

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah I see, it looks like it may be an issue I wasn't aware of - here is a previous post about it: 

I will submit it as an idea so hopefully Alteryx can correct - otherwise you may have to split your list into multiple parts and send multiple email to different batches of people.

Sorry for the slightly misleading answer before!

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @alexnajm  @aatalai 

Thanks for the response. How long will it take for Alteryx to hopefully correct the issue?

Please do advise me of the solution as I really need this kind of automation.

Thanks,

Kamen

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@KamenRider not soon - I would look into a distribution list (like detailed here Solved: Email Tool w/ Large Recipient List - Alteryx Community) or something else.

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Thank you @alexnajm  Hoping to hear from you the soonest. I also digging in this community however I have seen no solutions also.

Kamen

Labels