Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool w/ Large Recipient List

Paolucci
5 - Atom

Hello Community,

I am trying to use the email tool to send a weekly email to a list of 70 email recipients. The "to" field of the email tool, as mentioned in some old Community threads, has a character limit of ~250. This limitation results in my email only sending to the first 10-15 recipients on my list and the rest are dropped. A key requirement is that only 1 total email is sent out by Alteryx. I had read suggested workarounds in the Community such as sending 70 separate emails to 1 individual each. This doesn't really work for my purposes because the email tool in the workflow is configured so that a VP in my org is CC'd on the email, so the 70 emails approach would likely mean this VP would receive 70 separate emails on every run which isn't feasible.

Is there any other way to get this to work from within Alteryx where I can:

A) Automate the distribution to all 70 users while...

B) ensuring all 70 users can see that the VP is on the CC of the email and also ensure...

C) that VP is only emailed once per run?

All I've been able to come up with is creating a shared inbox in Outlook, granting the 70 users access to it, and having the email tool's "to" field point to that shared address.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Paolucci One option is to create a distribution list that includes all 70 emails and use that email in the tool

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@Paolucci ,

I agree with @binuacs . It would be much easier to use the function of email service.

If your company uses chat tools such as Slack or Teams,

sending the message to the channel of the 70 members may be another solution.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Slack-bot-send-message-to-your-Slack-c...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Microsoft-Teams/td-p/774241

Paolucci
5 - Atom

Thank you to both for your help. I've implemented a distribution list through Outlook which has greatly helped this process. Many thanks!

MichaelSmith119
5 - Atom

I have the exact same issue but I have a dynamically changing list of users so a static Distribution List would seem to work, unless Alteryx can preload the list before sending. Do you have any suggestions? Is there a character limit in the CC and BCC fields?

Labels