Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Edit SQL Query in Input Data Tool

Dylan_Brown
5 - Atom

I have created a workflow using one input that queries our database.  In that query, I can specify which vendor I want to pull sales for.

What I am trying to do is create an app where I can run the flow for any vendor without having to go in and change the input manually.  I have tried using dynamic input but can't figure out how to change the query.  With the dynamic input, I am not sure what tool to connect to it's input either.

Any help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Dylan_Brown

Presuming your SQL looks something like this:

Input 2.PNG

You can then use a text box and action tool using the "replace specific string" option like this:

Input.PNG

Dylan_Brown
5 - Atom

I played around with it some more yesterday and figured it out.  This totally works!

Thanks!

kwilkins
7 - Meteor

Hello there. Does your solution also work when replacing a date? I've used the "Date" and action tools, without success.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels