Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ETS Time series

goutamgm92
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am using an ETS forecast container followed by a TS Forecast container connected to the O part of the previous ETS.

My dataset contains data from 2010 month 1 to 2017 to month 9, I am doing a monthly prediction, but the ETS forecast begins the forecast output from 2015 year month 11 instead of 2017 month 10, it always ignores the last 21 records in the input dataset. I tried removing and adding few rows and saw that it always neglects the last 21 rows. How do I fix it>

4 REPLIES 4
HossC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @goutamgm92

I'm having trouble reproducing this. Is there any chance you can share your workflow?  Options => Export Workflow

Thanks!

Hoss Carroll

Customer Support Engineer

Alteryx

Hoss Carroll
Alteryx
goutamgm92
5 - Atom

Attached the exported workflow, here I am trying to forecast the domestic value and I have monthly data till year 2017 and month 7, but the forecast starts at year 15 and month 11, but I think it should be 2017 and month 8

HossC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @goutamgm92,

I think I've got it figured out! While the forecast is correct, the Period and Sub_Period fields are returning the wrong values because the Series starting period is not set. After setting this value to 2002 and 10, the first period that is forecast becomes 2017 month 8. The updated workflow has been attached.

Set series starting periodSet series starting period

Let me know if this does not resolve your issue!

Hoss Carroll

Alteryx

Hoss Carroll
Alteryx
HabeebAlAli
5 - Atom

Helfull, Thank you

it resolved my issue with Period and Sub_Period being random to exactly what it should be 

Labels