Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically Replacing Fields

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I am pretty stumped right now and want to see if anyone is more familiar with the dynamic replace tool. Right now I am building an Alteryx chained app, the first part of this app a user will choose from a predetermined list what field they would like to filter from these are their listed options:

Business Unit
Program
Sub Program Level 1
Sub Program Level 2
Sub Program Level 3
Plant
Project Definition

From here what they chose writes to a placeholder database that stores what they have chosen, see image example below:  (the most important part here is that this is dynamic, one user could choose Business Unit and someone else could choose program and so on)

laurennewton_0-1676496882935.png

Now my goal is to now on a separate analytic app show the user all possible business units they can change from see image example below:

laurennewton_1-1676497025967.png

I am not sure if I'm overthinking this but the first thought I had was to use the dynamic replace tool which I am struggling with. I have attached the workflow I am working with.

If anyone has ever built an app with such capability or if they are familiar with how to better configure the Dynamic Replace tool that would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @laurennewton 

If i'm understanding your use case then you've really over complicated it :)

This Macro will allow you to dynamically select which field you would like to display the contents of back to the user, and will be able to be easily embedded in an app.

DavidSkaife_0-1676498343158.png

DavidSkaife_1-1676498359011.png

Action Tool config:

DavidSkaife_2-1676498384702.png

Placeholder = Program results:

DavidSkaife_3-1676498425761.png

Placeholder = Business Unit results:

DavidSkaife_4-1676498455916.png

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Wow I really did overcomplicate that, thank you so much!!

Labels