Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic formula in Multi-Row Formula tool

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Is it possible to set a adding number  in Row+Data function in Multi-Row formula if there is additional data. see attached image.

1st image - text input 1 is the source file. text input 2 have the data to filter in source file . the data contains in text input 2 will filter the data in text input 1 but with the additional row+data to get the amount. however, when I add an addtional data in text input 2 the row+data is not dynamic to captured the amount because theres an additional row added. so I was thinking if its possible if I set the row+data based in the count of text input 2 that set in row+data formula.

arjundelara_0-1644023282554.png

arjundelara_1-1644023305609.png

13 REPLIES 13
arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

@OllieClarke Thank you,

I do apology for my workflow it is not complete. See Attached workflow I update the text input 2 tool. There are data besides of the Sample row contains.

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

@OllieClarke ,

The data in text input 2 is not perfect match in text input 1.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@arjundelara The nice thing about the Find and Replace tool is we can make imperfect matches

OllieClarke_0-1644239748348.png

With these options selected, we can search within the original field to see if our other field appears, rather than matches perfectly. 

OllieClarke_1-1644239789841.png

Hope that helps,

Ollie

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

@OllieClarke 

It works! Highly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

Labels