Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic file reading basing on condition

Veni_Padam
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

Can someone suggest solution/idea to resolve the following issue:

Veni_Padam_0-1646718686456.png

In the workflow, 1 of the input file is only available on friday. so I used filter basing on Day.
If it is friday, then it is supposed to pick the file else it shouldn't continue.

And in the dynamic tool, I gave blank template as sample data because on friday the filter will be true & it will pick file by taking file path and for remaining days it will read blank file.

Now the issue is, while reading blank file - I was getting error as "No valid fields selected" at the select tool.

Queries:
1.Any solution to overcome the error at select tool (without including columns names in blank file)

OR                     
2.Instead of feeding blank file to dynamic tool, do we have any other alternative?

Thanks inadvance!

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Veni_Padam 

Check the unknown field option in select tool and error should go away

atcodedog05_0-1646719674136.png

Hope this helps : )

Veni_Padam
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Unknow field is already been unchecked.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Veni_Padam 

Please keep it checked. The functionality is at least one filed is checked and keeping unknown fields checked will ensure that.

Hope this helps : )

Veni_Padam
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

As per our rules, Unknown field shouldn't be checked - so do we have any other alternative ?

Else instead of feeding blank file, do we have any other possibility to overcome the issue?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Veni_Padam 

Can you attach your workflow and input files so that we can take a look and suggest.

Veni_Padam
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 

PFA.

Veni_Padam_0-1646727640957.png

Labels