Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input "The file "" has a different schema that the 1st file in the set" error

AKISHORE
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm trying to dynamically input the values from a source field to Dynamic input tool(I have a script there to "replace a specific string") so that the script will run for the given values in the input tool. But I'm getting "The file "" has a different schema that the 1st file in the set" error though I'm not using multiple files in the source in fact I'm using one file with only one excel tab in it. I have gone through the many links but no luck. 

Thanks in advance,

Kishore

4 REPLIES 4
OzlemSigbeku
8 - Asteroid

I would probably need more information to try to solve this but as a first measure, have you read through the example workflow for the dynamic input tool? The second example is using the same SQL script.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @AKISHORE 

You are modifying the sql in your template input to replace any 'g' with 'A' and then 'B'. The dynamic input is throwing that error because when it replaces every g with those letters, the output of that SQL query is different in structure to the output of the template input you set. I imagine that there are gs which you don't want to replace in the full query, so if you want to change the table you are reading from, then use the 'Change file/Table Name' option rather than modify SQL Query.

There's more info on the tool here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Dynamic-Input/ta-p/249...

Hope that helps,

Ollie

AKISHORE
6 - Meteoroid

I have used Dynamic Input tool before in fact it is working fine for different database but I'm facing issues with AWS and its working for first instance and then throwing error from 2nd value which are coming from source file.

Trying to explain in detail:

I have list of tables in a excel tab(source data) and i'm trying to replace them in dynamic input tool with specific string using the field from source.

AKISHORE
6 - Meteoroid

'a', 'b', 'g' are just examples only...I have tried with real tables and i'm getting "The file "" has a different schema than the 1st file in the set" this error

Labels