Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Download tool error: Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer

igorfv
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I need to download an xls file from the link https://www.imf.org/-/media/Files/Publications/WEO/WEO-Database/2024/April/WEOApr2024all.ashx  but I am receiving the message below in the download tool. How can I solve this problem?

ALTERYX_ERRO.JPG

Thanks!

Igor Valle

8 REPLIES 8
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @igorfv 

Could you share the workflow/download tool configurations? I can't reproduce the error but also not getting the expected results.. at first glance the file itself seems to have some issues 

image.png

igorfv
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C 

Thanks for your help. Below is the workflow.

Att,

Igor Valle

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @igorfv 

Give this a shot. I wrote the file to a temp location and read it back in:

image.png

igorfv
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C 

I tried to run the workflow but I received the same error message. It is extraordinary because I can run on the same machine in my browser. What's happened?

ALTERYX_ERRO_3.JPGALTERYX_ERRO_2.JPG

Thanks,

Igor Valle

igorfv
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Igor

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @igorfv,

what version are you on? Given that I can’t reproduce the error and it works fine for me, I’m thinking it’s either related to versioning or potentially something with your network. 

ivalle
5 - Atom

Hi Luke_C

I tried in the versions 2021.3.5 and 2024.1.1 but the same error happened in both version.

ivalle_0-1720526379691.png

Thanks!

Igor Valle

Luke_C
17 - Castor

That's very strange, I tried adding a user-agent header which sometimes helps with these types of calls, but that broke it on my end. You may need to reach out to support, but I think this may be more of a networking issue than an Alteryx issue.  

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels