Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directly Send Out A Table In Alteryx

wenjuanchen
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I was wondering if I can send out a table through email using Alteryx? 

Please see the attached workflow.

Appreciate your help.

17 REPLIES 17
Paresh1pandya
7 - Meteor

Hi Jeff,

Did you get answer to your query, I have the same issue.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Create the body of the e-mail in Report Text tool and put that in your e-mail. Make sure you've added the table in report text.

Paresh1pandya
7 - Meteor

I am not sure, is this what you are trying to explain ? attached image.

Paresh1pandya
7 - Meteor

when I am checking in Browse Tool , it looks corrupted as per attachment, Thanks in advance!

apathetichell
19 - Altair

do you have attach to existing field toggled in report test? if so you attach to your text.

Paresh1pandya
7 - Meteor

I tried that, still not working, can we save email as draft without sending it. with table and dynamic email body.

gedeborj
5 - Atom

I was able to follow @phoebe_kelley suggestion above and that works for me.

gedeborj_0-1676495062202.png

I am on Designer version 2021.4.2.05617

gedeborj
5 - Atom

Looking at the image @Paresh1pandya posted earlier, the table is technically being listed twice. What this tool does is add the information in the "Text Data" field to each "Table" field in the results. What you do not want to do is list the table in the "Text Data" configuration as that is what inserts the HTML view of the table. So by removing the [Table:A] will solve this issue. Your email tool would need to point to the Table column for the body.

Picture of your configuration:

gedeborj_0-1676495414638.png

Here is a sample of what mine looks like (I have the individual country name listed in the "Sheet Name" column so I can use that in the email body as well):

gedeborj_1-1676495854674.png

Then my email tool just references this newly created table:

gedeborj_2-1676495960454.png

Labels