Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date in Cross Tab

kmontoya
7 - Meteor

Hi,

My cross Tab data is coming out as below however I want all of the data with the same date to be summed together. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thank you!  

4 REPLIES 4
rfoster7
9 - Comet

Can't really help you without some more inormation. 

In your workflow you didn't package in the input file so we can't look at the data. 

rfoster7_0-1665072734964.png

however, in your cross tab you are grouping by date, item and entity

rfoster7_1-1665072772349.png

So if you want it aggregated by date, you need to uncheck the other two items. 

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Agree with @rfoster7 its a bit hard to help without the underlying data.

From what I see, another way to solution could be to perform the aggregation before the cross tab, using a summarize tool. 

Once the data aggregated, could pass it through to the cross tab and finish your workflow.

kmontoya
7 - Meteor

Hi - sorry I'm not sure how to get the input data, but I've attached an excel here. I want my data to come out similar to the pivot table where some cash flows are getting filtered out (in this case the Bond/Interest). In this example I only have two items getting filtered out but is there a way to get multiple items filtered out without using the filter function? I find that when I write a big formula it doesn't actually filter anything. & the dates are collapsed as one. 

Thank you!! 

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

This would be a possible solution (attached).

Please like this post and mark this post as resolved if this helped!

Labels