Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combine Macro with Write to Smartsheet Workflow

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I currently have two components that would be ideal if I could combine them. The first component is a macro that uploads things from my C drive and moves them to a network folder. The second component is obtaining the files from the network folder (Step #1) and writing them to Smartsheet. Is it possible to combine these two? Thank you!

Step #1: Picking up files from C drive and moving them to a network drive using a command

JennyRuns24_0-1665046817377.png

Step #2: Uploading files from network folder (Step #1) and writing them to Smartsheet (Part of the workflow is shown)

JennyRuns24_1-1665046902045.png

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you wrap the second workflow into a batch macro you should be able to "link" the two processes.  You could put a control parameter in the second workflow as kind of a dummy placeholder that puts an input on the left side of the macro. Then in your first workflow you would have a block until done tool at the end where the output comes out of the first anchor and the second anchor feeds into the macro which is your second workflow. 

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Brandon....Would you be able to help me a bit more on the placement of these? Thanks again!

Labels