Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date column switching to v_Wstring in SQL

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Dear community, I’m having an issue here that is driving me crazy. Why all my date columns in a workflow (date validated right before output) are written like v_WString in SQL?

It’s weird, I see the columns go as date in the output and when I read the newly created table the columns appear like v_WString of 10 of length. 

Any ideas?

Regards!!!

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

what kind of sql - ie what kind of database are you writing to - are you appending or creating something new? Are you writing In-DB or using Datastream In?

Can you share some screen grabs of your data?

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Sure, here is the problem in a more visual way. I need to add that the problem is with all worfklows that contain Date columns, not only this one. 

imaran_669_1-1677115749028.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Sorry - this doesn't really tell me much. can you try writing via datastream in. Can you try reading via Connect In-DB. Can you add a select In-DB? I don't really know what the underlying schema of your table is - and did you specify what your DB is?

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Ok, i did some more testing. Looks that if I change the field to DateTime field is created correcly. Dont get why it doesnt work with just date. Sucks to have a bunch of 00:00:00.000 at the end of each date. 

imaran_669_0-1677116496260.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Perhaps if you explained what kind of DB you were running we might be able to help more? I can tell you for example that this is not true on: Snowflake, Redshift, Postgres, Databricks, BigQuery... so.... 

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Thx for the help... found the solution:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Date-data-type-changes-to-v-string-whe...

Just tested it and works ok :)

Labels