Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Date Time Problems

SVIGGIANO
6 - Meteoroid

I must be misunderstanding the syntax or output of a few date time calculations that I want to make.  I have two fields in my incoming data that look like they are date (Run_End_Date) and time (Run_End_Time).  (Problem duplicatesl for Run Start Date and Time also).  

SVIGGIANO_0-1605423422988.png

All I want to do is add them together, get the resulting DateTime field and go on my merry way.  At first, I tried just adding them (Run_End_DateTime = Run Start Date + Run Start Time, but that didn't work. Then I tried to combine them using the ToDateTime function

ToDateTime=([Run_End_Date]+[Run_End_Time])

SVIGGIANO_1-1605423943615.png

Things seem to be looking good there but when I look at the output of the calculation -no time values are shown.

SVIGGIANO_2-1605424314686.png

So I believe I am using that command improperly.  What should I do, to get a DateTime value from a Date and a Time value (or did I trip up earlier)?

Thanking the community in advance and hoping some day I can return the favor.

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SVIGGIANO 

Can you provide some sample data to check it out.

anjaliaithal
7 - Meteor

Here's what I understand. You have Date in one column and time in another. You want to combine the two to one column. Please see if this helps.

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @SVIGGIANO ,

if I got you right. there is a "DateTimeAdd" function, that could help by adding the hours, minutes and seconds from the time field to the date. I've attached a sample workflow. 

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

Labels