Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combining two text files with similar names

Ortega98
7 - Meteor

So I am working on a project with 52 files that are essentially orders, (each order has two files designated to the order). I want to connect the two files together since it represents one order but I want to do it to all 26 orders. Just to note, the files are text files with XML format but they are all formatted differently. I have attached the workflow I currently have that parses the UI data out and also the Input data. I have also attached a link to a google drive that includes a folder of all the raw files. 

In summary, I want to connect SQTBY000357-1_Line1_InputXML.txt and SQTBY000357-1_Line1_UIDataXML.txt. I am assuming there could be a way to combine the files in a way that will reference the file name such as "contains Line1_ in file name" or something along those lines. I want to also do this for the rest of the files Line1_ through Line26_.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vEaGFfPKTST6MjD4FoDnofC0R47ZabW6?usp=sharing

If further information is needed please let me know.

1 REPLY 1
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Ortega98 
We can read the file name as a seperated fields then parse the field so then can be the same for the two file you want to connect.

See blow.

1115-Ortega98.PNG

Labels