Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combining two text files with similar names

Ortega98
7 - Meteor

So I am working on a project with 52 files that are essentially orders, (each order has two files designated to the order). I want to connect the two files together since it represents one order but I want to do it to all 26 orders. Just to note, the files are text files with XML format but they are all formatted differently. I have attached the workflow I currently have that parses the UI data out and also the Input data. I have also attached a link to a google drive that includes a folder of all the raw files. 

In summary, I want to connect SQTBY000357-1_Line1_InputXML.txt and SQTBY000357-1_Line1_UIDataXML.txt. I am assuming there could be a way to combine the files in a way that will reference the file name such as "contains Line1_ in file name" or something along those lines. I want to also do this for the rest of the files Line1_ through Line26_.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vEaGFfPKTST6MjD4FoDnofC0R47ZabW6?usp=sharing

If further information is needed please let me know.

1 REPLY 1
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Ortega98 
We can read the file name as a seperated fields then parse the field so then can be the same for the two file you want to connect.

See blow.

1115-Ortega98.PNG

Labels