Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data required in same first Row.

Rhaldhar
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Can you please help me to get the Infront of same data? I have input 1 and input 2 and using join multiple tool to get the result but not working.

Input 1 & input 2

input 1.pngInput 2.png

getting result.

Result .png

However, I need below result/output. 

Correct result.png

Thanks,

Rajeev

4 REPLIES 4
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Rhaldhar 

I guess you select option "Join by Record Position". To meet your demand, it should be "Join by Specific Fields", and select "unique_id" for key fields.

image.png

Rhaldhar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @gawa , I have used join by specific field but creating two line highlighted in circled, that i don't want.

Result1.png

Thanks

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

This is odd because you have a "Unique ID" that is repeated so not unique.

If you are happy with this and want to proceed to your output the following workflow should work:

image.png

We use a multi row grouped on unique ID to label the repetition of the unique ID we are on. I.e. the first 323 should join to the first 323 but not the latter.

We then join on unique ID and REP ID union on the unjoined case to get the desired output

image.png

Rhaldhar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ed_hayter thanks for the solution. 

Labels