Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Required data from second input file to first inout file

Maheshp
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I am preparing a workflow, where in we need some line items from second input file to first input file.

As you can see in below chart, a & b are the names of person, 3 & 4 columns are Unique code & amount, same we have in second file but there are some extra transactions in first file, but we want only those data where the data is existing in first file from second report, so is there any criteria wherein we can pick the data. And in front of extra data, it shows us as an NA.

Data in first inputWant data from second input to first input file.
abUnique CodeAmountUnique CodeAmount
xxyyy3434
zq12NANA
ea2323
td34NANA
uf75NANA
ih5555
jt6666

Regards,

Mahesh

3 REPLIES 3
ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

I am a bit confused by the request. Would a join work where we join on unique code and then union on the unmatched outputs from input 1

image.png

Maheshp
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

When we join it will segregate between L J R also all the data will come together, but i want only two columns in first input file. As in both the files there are numbers of column and i needed only two columns from the second input file.

Regards,

Mahesh

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

So in the join tool you can configure what columns you want to keep.

image.png

I think I need a clearer example of the fake inputs and what you want out of them. the ones in the post are a bit confusing.

The union is intended to bring the data back together and a union of L and J gives us all rows from the left anchor with the additional columns when they match otherwise NULL

Labels