Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data input order

Amourous12
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a workflow where I am writing to a database, I have recently wanted to update the workflow to check if specific parts of the database has been updated in order to send out an email to me so i can update accounts. I added in a data input to pull in the database in order to compare before new data is added to the database, the problem is the workflow is running through to the section where the database is being written before being read and checked, is there any way to update the order in which increase the priority of input data as it is only being read after the database is being overwritten with new data, meaning i cant compare the two. I have tried using block until but as the check is not in direct line to the write to database it does not seem to work

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Amourous12
6 - Meteoroid

Added the check further up the workflow and did my checks, then appended a random column from the check and removed it after the check was done to make sure the check is complete before data was written, this worked but just wondering is there any way to set priority on input/output tools?

Labels