Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Restructuring, Tranposing

gmamtani
7 - Meteor

Hi Folks,

I am trying to transpose a dataset, however I am stuck and running out of ideas.  Would be great if you can provide some support.

Situation:

There are few customers who are buying products and we have the product name, product segment, client product match, contract status along with the start and end date. Now one customer is buying from different vendors. 

Right now the data is collected in such a way that a customers unique ID is in multiple rows (Since they are buying from multiple vendors). I want one customer entry and we can have vendors and other details in different columns. 

I know this is not easy to explain. Attaching the reference input and expected output file. 

Thanks in anticipation. 

Regards

G

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@gmamtani One way of doing this with the batch macro

binuacs_0-1681329309973.png

binuacs_0-1681329559789.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @gmamtani ,

Here is another way of doing this.

Workflow
Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1681344684988.png

Output
You may change the column order as necessary.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1681344701765.png

Personally, I feel the input data format is more effective to deal with, as it is more "normalized" than the output data format.

But I also understand sometime it is required to do this.

Good luck.

gmamtani
7 - Meteor

Thanks this is great solved my problem

gmamtani
7 - Meteor

Thank you, this is a great solution to my problem.

Labels