Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Join Tool

Kristy_Hawkins
5 - Atom

I am using the join tool to merge two datasets into one. I see the data on the left when viewing the data, but when I view the data in the join view some data from the left is missing. Why is this and how do I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean? Which output anchor are you looking at (L,J,R)? The L only shows where there were no matches on the right, the J shows where there are matches on both, and the R show where there are no matches on the L.

Kristy_Hawkins
5 - Atom

I am not sure why the left is not joining the data on the right. I can match it based on the join feature 

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Can you share the configuration window of the join? The workflow doesn't show where the issue is. Are the data types the same? Are there trailing white spaces on one side preventing the join?

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels