Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Blending

subin1234
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys,

My data looks like this

Capture.jpg

Here if the article_number , order_item and order_number is same, I want to have my result in a single row having all the column as above. 

here is how the output should look

Capture.PNG

Please help me to solve the issue

Regards,

Subin

14 REPLIES 14
subin1234
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

Its showing the below error when trying to open the file in alteryx

Failure to Import \\DEHEREMCL161.emea.adsint.biz\EXT_Redirect_prod_01$\chacksub.EMEA\Desktop\ordernumber.yxzp.
There was an error opening "\\DEHEREMCL161.emea.adsint.biz\EXT_Redirect_prod_01$\chacksub.EMEA\Desktop\ordernumber\ordernumber.yxmd": This document was created by a more recent version of this application and cannot be read

Please check.

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

You are getting this error since you are using the older version of alteryx designer.  You can follow the instruction described in the following KO to make the workflow compatible with alteryx version you use. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Different-Versio...

here is the quick summary of workflow for your case. 

I first used Sort tool for sorting Alticle number

sort.PNG

Then I used summarize tool with following actions to get desired results. 

summarize.PNG

subin1234
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Whenever i sm trying to open the workflow using notepad to change the version, its coming as below. Is there any way other than this to import the workflow.

Capture.jpg

Or can u explain the summarize tool in more detail.

subin1234
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys,

Let me describe about my case 

for the same article number and order number if the Shipping status has "RETU" then in my output I should have a new coloumn "RETURN STATUS" and value as "RETU" and also a new coloumn "RETURN DATE" as the 4/23/2018 in this case If there is no value for SHIPPING STATUS as RETU" then the column " RETURN STATUS"  and "RETURN DATE" should have no value.

Capture.PNG

Here is how the output should look like. is there any way we can implement this  Please  find the attached excel file to be modified   Here is how the output should look like 

Capture.PNGPlease find the attached excel file to be modified 

If someone would be able to help, it will be great

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I don't think you need to sort, it depends on what you want to do after but this formula will work the way you want.2018-05-28 07_52_01-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow6_.png

Labels