Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Customer Segmentation

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have a set of data of the customers of a restaurant, I have the data  in the excel sheet format, the data I have is formatted like this for each customer

The customer phone number, the date of first visit, the date of the last visit, total number of orders, total amount of the all orders and  the average of days between the orders.

What I'm looking for is to do the Customer Segmentation because I have more than 10,000 customers. 

Any help in that please?

7 REPLIES 7
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Feras95p ,

seems you want to do customer segmentation based on an extended RFM model.

I think, the first step is to "translate" the different combinations of recency, frequency, time as a customer and monetary value to a specific "segment description", e.g. a long time customer, who recently has been in the restaurant, usually visits the restaurant very frequently and spends a lot of money in the restaurant is a "Top Customer", whereas the same customer may be assigned to the group "at risk", if his last visit is long ago (at least, considerable longer than average). 

The next step would be a definition of scores for "recency" (e.g. within last week = 5, last two weeks = 4, last month = 3) , "frequency", "monetary value" and "time as a customer" and calculate these scores for each of the customers.

If you concatenate the resulting scores the final result will be a string like "5555" (=> "Top Customer") or "2455" (=> customer spent big money, but hasn't been here for a long time).

Hope this is helpful. 

Best,

Roland

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Feras95p 

I remember us discussing this 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Applying-RFM-Module-to-My-case/m-p/558...

Guess it was not completely helpful. Let me know where are the gaps or whats the roadblock i can look into it.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

I have replayed to your solutions, kindly check it.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RolandSchubert ,

Thanks a lot for your help!

I was wondering you are saying [ "5555" (=> "Top Customer") or "2455" (=> customer spent big money, but hasn't been here for a long time)]. 

It should be 555 or 245 because we have RFM for what the fourth  digit?

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu ,

Thank you for your support !

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Feras95p ,

you're absolutely right, it's a typo. It should be "555" and "245". 

Best,

Roland

Labels