Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Custom filter

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

The below is my custom filter, what I'm trying to do from the highlighted part is that I want to add additional codes but i want to add them as range because there would be quite a lot of codes to type in into my Group not in section.

The original [Group] column has codes in the format you can see in the quotation mark.

I have created [Group (numbers only), to strip the letters off which allows me to use ToNumber but To number will be included in as true, I want to exclude that range, whats the function for that, is this even the best way.

chiragpatel_1_1-1657618107504.png

cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hi @chiragpatel_1 

Add '!' tag before to number as shown below. It should resolve your issue. Let me know if it works or not. 

(ToNumber([Group (numbers only)]) >= 800.10 and Tonumber([Group (numbers only)]) < 800.95)

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

At this point you might be better off having your groups in a list (Text Input Tool or Input Data Tool) and then joining with the Join Tool.

Edit: actually... maybe not if you're looking at a range of values. Would depend on your data.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

To excluded the range you woulld just switch your > to < and switch your < to >.

Be sure to add brackets to get the order of these boolean statements executed in the right order.

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Amol_Telore , that was great. 

Thank for the suggestions, I will keep those in mind @PhilipMannering 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels