Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Crew Macros Error Message - Please Advise

rickvan
5 - Atom

I am trying to install the crew macros pack, following their instructions and everything, but i continue to get the following error message: "There were errors: The workflow contains unlicensed tools." (See attached screenshot). Has anyone seen this before or have a solution to the problem? It would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

What version of the Crew Macros are you installing.  Make sure it is the most recent (http://downloads.chaosreignswithin.com/Macros.zip).  I would also try running the app as an administrator.  Right click>run as administrator.  

@MarqueeCrew

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
rickvan
5 - Atom

Hey Scott -

Thanks for the reply. Turned out to be that I had two different instances of Alteryx installed on my computer: my firm's licensed version 11.7.4, and the free trial version from the Alteryx website that I had to install/use in an emergency situation about a month ago. Once I uninstalled the trial version, the macro pack installed no problem.

Thanks again

scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great to hear, and makes sense! 

When you have a chance please mark this as solved so others can learn from what you found.  

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
miang
5 - Atom

Crew Macros aren't working for me anymore either.  Trying to upgrade to 2020.4 version.  Suggestions ? (I checked and only have 1 version installed on the start panel, but how do I know the older versions aren't somewhere else?)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

When you install the CReW macros, you place two files into:

C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros

They are:  CReW.ini and CReWTest.ini

Inside of these ini (text) files you'll find the location of where you have unzipped the macros along with more data:

[Settings]
DefaultFolder=CReW Macros
MinimumAlteryxVersion=10.0
Path=D:\CReW Macros\Macros

If for some reason, the c:\programdata files are not persistent or if the location of the CReW macro unzip is not persistent, then I would understand why the macros disappear.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels