Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating table on server on specific directory or folder.

Akash__on
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to use output tool to connect to my sql server i have to save my table on server under specific folder or directory. How to give that path in output tool or how to save table in that directory ?

Thanks,

Aakash

2 REPLIES 2
Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Akash_on, 

You can specify exactly where you want something by creating field with the path in it in the formula tool. Then you reference that path in the output by switching the 'full path' using that field. 

File Path.jpg

File Path2.jpg

I used an excel output, but you can modify the concept for what you need. I also just put in 'dummy' data for a directory and folder, just use your own for the actual path.  

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@Akash__on 

The Account running your workflow requires explicit access to the folder at the server where you want to write output; If you publish the workflow to the Company Gallery, the Gallery's service account also need access to that folder-server.

hth

Arnaldo

Labels