Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating check point to verify data

Seba
7 - Meteor

I have created a workflow that analyzes the pending "PO, Line" that has not been received, and sends email notifications to suppliers inquiring about the status of these materials. This workflow runs twice a week. To avoid sending the same email to a supplier more than once, I would like to create a sub-process where we can validate if these "PO, Line" have already been sent to the supplier and not notify the supplier more than once for the same "PO, Line".

I created the sub-process (container #10) to accumulate all the "PO, Line" that go through this process and then relate that output with the new info to verify that there are no duplicates, but this does not work because this file is first fed with the new info.

Do you have any better ideas? 

Container 10.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
ScottLewis
9 - Comet

Your design seems valid, you've just got a routing issue. If you do the write to the accumulator after the join then you don't get the problem of incorrectly matching on your current set. 

Seba
7 - Meteor

Hi @ScottLewis thanks for your feedback! i actually did that and now works. Appreciate your help!

Here is how it is now > 

Update.jpg
Labels