Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Could we extract the data into Text Input tool

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

De we have any tool where we can edit manually after extracting the data from the source?

Like Browse tool is view but not able to edit it manually    OR

Could we extract the data into Text input tool? If yes, how to do that, please advise.  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
FabioP
8 - Asteroid

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for, but if you're looking for something like reading data from an input - transforming that data - and saving the same input, you can do that using the same file as output. which you are using as input.

With regards to updating specific variables or fields manually, try to using the formula tools or by merging with another input or 'Text Input' tool through the tools in the 'Join' section.

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the quick reply!

For example, how we are able to edit the date in Excel or CSV after extracting data from source. In same way do we have any tool in Alteryx to edit the data after extracting?

But we do not have edit option in "yxdb" format.

Note: Asking because client is not using any Microsoft product to extract and view the data.    Thanks!

FabioP
8 - Asteroid

If you're wanting to edit after, instead of outputting as yxdb, you can output as csv, xls or xlsx, then you can edit using Excel or Notepad.

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

As I mention client is not using the Microsoft product, so I cannot use the Excel or CSV files.  Thanks!

sparksun
11 - Bolide

If the client is not using any MS product, then what kind of editor they use? You can just output the data to the file type their editor can read and edit.

FabioP
8 - Asteroid

You can edit CSV in Notepad++ and many others softwares even on IOS or Linux, besides having online options by Chrome or Edge.

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Okay... Thank you so much!

Labels