Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Converting Value to Percentage per Columns

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Good day,

I have a data in columns and would like to find its percentage per month. To get the percentage, for example under Jan 22, 220/338 = 65%

total.PNG

I would to create another table having its conversion to percentage. The result should be as follows:

Percent.PNG

Please advise how can we convert it to percentage.

Thanks and looking forward for your assistance.

Kamen

3 REPLIES 3
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @KamenRider 

Here's how I would approach this - N.B. I made up my own numbers, but the approach is valid

OllieClarke_0-1682701405289.png

Starting numbers: 

OllieClarke_1-1682701422671.png

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@OllieClarke I've snagged your data, just wanted to throw another idea out there. In the cross-tab, we have 'Percent Column' as the aggregation method:

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1682701963957.png

Then a little tidying by removing column prefixes with the select tool + multi-field to concatenate the % symbol:

BS_THE_ANALYST_1-1682702022175.png

Have a great weekend!

All the best,
BS

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Thank you @BS_THE_ANALYST amd @OllieClarke  for the sharing. One thing I learned from this is the use of crosstab and transpose which I seldom used. Thank you so much for helping me to solve this problem.

Until Next.

Kamen

Labels