Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert txt data to excel

Ar13f
10 - Fireball

Dear All,

Another question I have is how to convert text data into excel data using specific data (the data I take is only data related to "excess"). I also attach an example of text data and the results of the report.

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Ar13f 

Here is how you can do it. Go through it reach out to me if you have any doubts.

Read the input file with below config:

atcodedog05_1-1629267566440.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1629267503870.png

Hope this helps : )

Ar13f
10 - Fireball

Dear @atcodedog05

Amazing, thank you for your quick response.

I'm learning the steps you gave... although it's a little confusing. There is a slight revision, I added 2 data to the text file and then to retrieve the data below, how do I do it?

cust1.pngcust2.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Ar13f 

Try this

atcodedog05_0-1629277037920.png

Hope this helps : )

Ar13f
10 - Fireball

Dear @atcodedog05 ,

amazing .... done ...

When should I use the regex function with a formula like this "([\w\s\-]+\w)\s.*\s([\d\.]+)\s\*\*"? and When to utilize different formulas for different problems? 

Can you explain the formulas, or do you know of a place where I can learn the formulas with simple explanations?

I'm grateful for your assistance thus far ..

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Ar13f 

You can learn more on Regex in the below links

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-RegEx/ta-p/37689

You can type your regex here and it will give you the explanation https://regexr.com/

Cheers and have a nice day!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels